This video is the full webinar recording from Freelancing Philippines on how to land a job as a freelancer through Upwork. This webinar also talks about Roel’s (Tycoon.ph founder) journey to freelancing.
To jumpstart your freelancing career, here’s the step by step guide you need to follow:
STEP 1: Create an account and choose your membership plan.
STEP 2: Create an outstanding profile.
- Catchy headline
- Reasonable hourly rate
- Effective overview
- Take relevant skills tests.
STEP 3: Start applying for jobs.
STEP 4: Submit a proposal.
- Write a winning cover letter, tailored to each job.
- Set a reasonable rate.
- Check for errors.
STEP 5: Prepare for an interview.
STEP 6: Download the Time Tracker App
The speakers pointed out character traits that are needed to be a successful Freelancer:
- Have a career goal in mind
- Confident – can market themselves
- Resourceful – Google is your best friend
- Disciplined and Accountable
- On top of things
- Meticulous – detailed oriented
- Internet savvy – willing to learn
- Willing to go extra mile